Netanyahu Says War on Iran “Not Over” as Long as Iran Has Uranium

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu claimed on Sunday that the U.S.-Israeli war on Iran is “not over” because Iran still has nuclear material that “has to be taken out” of the country. In a “60 Minutes” interview broadcast by CBS News on Sunday evening, Netanyahu said that the war on Iran has not ended because Iran still has enriched uranium that must be “taken out…
Source

Original

Decades of Congressional Inaction Contributed to Illegal US-Israeli War on Iran

The U.S.-Israeli war on Iran, billed by the Trump administration as a “military operation,” has now evolved into a sustained confrontation with no clear exit strategy, no authorization from Congress, and no public transparency. The United States finds itself at a precarious juncture in a conflict of its own choosing. While high-level representatives from both countries met last month in Pakistan…
Source

Original

Following pattern set by Venezuela and Iran assaults, US surveillance flights off Cuba surge

Following pattern set by Venezuela and Iran assaults, US surveillance flights off Cuba surge

This story originally appeared in Common Dreams on May 11, 2026. It is shared here under a Creative Commons (CC BY-NC-ND 3.0) license.

US surveillance and reconnaissance flights off the coast of Cuba have surged in recent months as President Donald Trump has issued increasingly belligerent threats to seize the island nation by force.

CNN reported Sunday that the US Navy and Air Force have conducted more than two dozen surveillance flights—mostly of them near Havana and Santiago de Cuba, the country’s largest cities—since early February, after the Trump administration invaded Venezuela and kidnapped its president. The outlet noted that “similar patterns, in which ramped-up rhetoric by the Trump administration coincided with an uptick in publicly visible surveillance flights, occurred in the lead-up to US military operations in both Venezuela and Iran.”

“The flights are notable not only for their proximity to the coast, which puts them well within range of gathering intelligence, but for the suddenness of their appearance—prior to February, such publicly visible flights were exceedingly rare in this area—and for their timing,” CNN reported.

CNN published its story days after US Secretary of State Marco Rubio announced new sanctions targeting a conglomerate operated by Cuba’s military and a natural resources firm, intensifying the United States’ decades-long economic war against the island nation.

“Our people already know the cruelty behind the actions of the US government and the viciousness with which it is capable of attacking us,” Cuban President Miguel Díaz-Canel said in response to the sanctions. “They understand, just as the rest of the world does, that this is a unilateral aggression against a nation and a population whose sole ambition is to live in peace, masters of their own destiny and free from the pernicious interference of US imperialism.”

In a New York Times op-ed on Monday, US Reps. Pramila

Original

On Mother’s Day, I Will Mourn Alongside the Grieving Parents of Minab

A video of Makan Nasiri has been shared over and over on social media in recent weeks. It starts off with vignettes familiar to so many parents: a young child opening the door to be surprised by a birthday cake, then walking with friends, then dancing joyfully with an older relative. Halfway through, though, there’s a sharp transition. Nasiri was a student at Shajareh Tayyebeh elementary school in…
Source

Original

We Must Resist the Collapse of Conscience in the Age of Trump

Under the Trump regime, the United States has entered a dark age in which conscience is not merely ignored but systematically dismantled. Compassion is mocked as weakness, truth treated as disposable, and cruelty elevated into a governing principle. This is more than corruption. It signals the suffocation of civic culture under gangster capitalism — a predatory system in which power serves wealth…
Source

Original

US, Iran Exchange Fire Overnight — Trump Maintains Ceasefire Remains in Place

President Donald Trump is maintaining that a ceasefire agreement between Iran and the United States remains in place, for now, despite the two countries exchanging fire on Thursday evening. The exchange occurred as the U.S. was awaiting a response from Iran regarding a proposal to end the war. Both countries claim the other side is at fault for beginning the hostilities.
Source

Original